The Return To School Centre is a Department of Education initiative to support the successful return to schooling of students from Year 5 to Year 10 on long suspension.
The Raymond Terrace Return to School Centre located on the grounds of Irrawang High School is an intervention program for students who are on long suspension and have been identified by their school as being likely to benefit from a structured program to assist their successful return to school.
Students will receive support with:
• Managing their own behaviour
• Programs to help with understanding their behaviour and its impact in school
• Support structures at school
• Study, planning and work habits
• Their successful return to school
The length of placement will vary according to the length of suspension and willingness to participate in the program. The length of stay at the centre will be no longer than twenty (20) school days.