In creative arts, students discover a variety of art forms through a study of dance, drama, music and visual arts.
Studying the creative arts, students learn to appreciate, compose, listen, make and perform. Each art form has its own unique knowledge and skills, elements or concepts as well as a capacity to inspire and enrich lives.
Students must study 100 hours of both music and visual arts during Years 7 to 10. They also have an opportunity to further develop their knowledge and skills in other art forms through elective subjects. Students can then select from a range of courses in Years 11 to 12.
The Creative and Performing Arts Faculty [CAPA] at Irrawang High School [IHS] comprises of Dance, Drama, Music, Photography and Digital Media and Visual Arts, with highly experienced, dedicated, and innovative teachers whom provide opportunities for students to develop their expressive and creative potential.
The ethos of IHS CAPA is that every student has an opportunity to succeed as 21st Century learners through; collaboration, digital literacy, critical thinking, and problem-solving that will assist students to thrive in today's world.
We value strong positive relationships and shared and individual responsibility to achieve this at a school, community, regional, state and national level.
EXTRA and CO–CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES available include:
· ANNUAL: Anzac Day / Art Exhibition / CAPA Excursions / CAPA Night / CAPA Tour / Dance Festivals / DramaWorks / Education Week Celebrations / Musical Theatre / SHOWCASE / Stage 6 CAPA Expo / Theatre Sports Challenge
· ART CLUB
· ART4AG ARCHIBULL PROJECT
· CERAMICS CLUB
· DANCE ENSEMBLES: Senior / Intermediate / Junior and Tap
· DRAMA ENSEMBLES: Senior / Junior and Circus Skills
· DRUM CORPS: Senior / Junior
· MUSIC INSTRUMENTAL ENSEMBLES
· VOCAL ENSEMBLES: Senior / Junior
· STARSTUCK OPPORTUNITIES: Dance / Drama / Music / Vocal