Technological and applied studies (TAS) is mandatory for all students in Year 7 and 8. Students can also select from a range of elective TAS subjects.
In TAS, students develop knowledge, understanding and skills through a design and production process using a range of tools, materials and techniques in theory and practical lessons.
The continuum of technology learning is:
- mandated from Kindergarten to Year 8 through Science and Technology K-6 and Technology Mandatory Years 7-8 syllabuses
- based on students becoming increasingly sophisticated in their ability to apply knowledge, skills and understanding to design and produce solutions
- optional for student specialisation in high school through a range of syllabuses addressing particular technologies and aspects of design.
Available courses include:
- Technology Mandatory Years 7-8
- Agricultural Technology Years 7-10
- Design and Technology Years 7-10
- Food Technology Years 7-10
- Graphics Technology Years 7-10
- Industrial Technology Years 7-10
- Information and Software Technology Years 7-10
- Textiles Technology Years 7-10
- Agriculture Stage 6
- Design and Technology Stage 6
- Engineering Studies Stage 6
- Food Technology Stage 6
- Industrial Technology Stage 6
- Information Processes and Technology Stage 6
- Software Design and Development Stage 6
- Textiles and Design Stage 6.
- Child Studies
- Information Digital Media Technologies
- Metals & Engineering Year 12
- Primary Industries
Ms Caley Kiker - Head Teacher
Ms Sharelle Sewell
Mr Michael Groth
Mr Jashim Uddin
Ms Jennifer Harding
Mr Jacob Small
Mr Thomas Drewe
Mr Dean Pietrangelo
Ms Liz Danvers
Miss Sky Opie
Miss Emily Wilkinson
Mr Andrew Rankmore
Mrs Belinda Beasley ( kitchen assistant)
Subjects Currently Running
Technology Mandatory (Years 7 and 8)
Industrial Techology - Timber ( Years 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12)
Industrial Technology - Metal (Years 8, 9 10 & 12)
Food Technology ( Years 8, 9, 10 &12)
Industrial Technology - Multimedia (Years 9, 10 11 & 12)
The TAS faculty offers a vast range of subjects, giving students the opportunity to investigate and learn about a multitude of area’s relating to different materials and technologies.
The subjects we offer cater for;
- the traditional area’s of Timber, Metal, Food, Textiles
- more contemporary developments such as Computing, Coding, CAD, Plastics Technology etc.
Our Senior School offerings provide skills for future learning and/or employment.